Inaugurated in 2002, The PING Junior Solheim Cup is a version of The Solheim Cup for female amateurs born after 2001 and follows a similar format to the biennial event, featuring the top 12 European junior amateurs versus their U.S counterparts. College/university golfers are ineligible to participate in the event, even if they meet the age cutoff. The event is held over two days, with six fourball and six foursomes matches the first day, and twelve singles matches the second day. In 2017, the event took place at Des Moines Golf and Country Club and Team USA took the victory with a 14.5 – 9.5 win.
European Eligibility Process
- 12 participants
- Participants must be girls and 12-18 years old (born 2001 or later) and must not have reached their 18th birthday prior to January 1st, 2019.
- Participants must be amateurs and must not be members of a competitive collegiate golf program.
- Participants must be a European citizen (as per IGF National Policy).
- The leading six players from the PING Junior Solheim Cup ranking following the Girls British Open Championship 2019 will be automatically picked. In the event of a tie for the qualification positions, the selection will be decided based on individual standings on the European Women’s Amateur Ranking.
- Six Captain’s Picks.
- All amateur events and the European Women’s Amateur Ranking will be taken into consideration when deciding the Captain’s Picks.
*European Qualifying Events and Point Distribution tbc Fall 2018